When Genius Failed is a book about the rise and fall of Long Term Capital Management. The book talks about the foundation of this management, it’s rise and the sudden collapse of this management. At the end of this article, you can download the free When Genius Failed Pdf.
When Genius Failed Pdf Review:
When Genius Failed: The Rise and Fall of Long-Term Capital Management is written by Roger Lowenstein. The book was published in 2000 by Random House. The non-fiction is based on the genre of Finance. The book received major critical acclaim and was awarded the best business book of 2000 by Business Week. Since 2014, 4 editions in English, 5 in Japanese and one in Chinese have been released to make the book available to a greater audience. Lowenstein’s book portrays that doom is inevitable when investors rely on models only and not on the human cognitive thinking. The book talks about the different factors that led to the fall of this immense hedge fund. This fall could have become the collapse of the financial market if the Federal Reserve hadn’t taken steps to help the banks.
When Genius Failed pdf Features:
- The book contains interviews with people involved, information of the six banks that were part of the rescue and Federal Reserve.
- The story is about Long-Term Capital Management which was a fund in the US which had more than 100 billion dollars in its assets.
- The Long Term Capital Management had a lot of masterminds which were a part of it. The financial gurus included many former university professors and two Nobel Prize winning economists.
- The fund initially earned a lot but following 4 years of its creation, the fund suffered catastrophic losses which led to the instability of the financial world.
- According to the book, the reason for rising and even fall of this fund was the incompetence of mathematician. Wall Street also had a role to play in this fluctuation.
Download When Genius Failed Pdf Free:
You can download When Genius Failed Pdf ebook free via the download button below.